Grilled Peach and Goat's Cheese salad (serves 6 as a side)
It would be a total shame to not make the most of stone fruit season (my fave) by having a stone fruit centred summery salad. Here we have a delicious grilled peach salad with goats cheese, basil and balsamic glaze - oh so simple and delicious.
Peaches are a beautiful source of vitamin C, vitamin A and beta-carotene (which converts to vitamin A inside the body). Vitamin A is one of our skin heroes as it plays a vital role in skin health (along with the health of our eyes and mucus membranes). Peaches also contain antioxidants which fight cell damage and may aid in the prevention of premature aging and illness.
This recipe is perfect for summer entertaining, bbq accompaniment, or just to have as a side to some marinated lamb or grilled fish. I hope you love this dish as much as I did!
- 10 yellow peaches, halved and seed removed
- Extra virgin olive oil spray (or 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 cup goats cheese
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze (I bought mine from the supermarket but you could definitely find a beautiful recipe)
- Heat a griddle pan on high (alternatively you can do this part on a bbq, yum!) and lightly coat with olive oil. Place peaches cut side down on the hot pan and grill for about 2 minutes (only grill the one side). Place aside to cool.
- Once peaches are cool, lay them across your serving plate and crumble goats cheese over the top, followed by scattered basil leaves and balsamic drizzle.
- It's that simple - ENJOY!