Focus on Vitamin A - How can we introduce this to the skin?
Vitamin A is widely known as one of the most important ingredients in skincare products, because it is the only molecule that can actually assist in reprogramming cells, resulting in healthier, more radiant skin. Also referred to as retinol. It has the ability to:
- Help regulate oil production, leaving skin less oily and more balanced, improving skin conditions like acne
- Assists in the promotion of collagen and elastin, leaving skin looking firmer and more youthful
- Supports the skin's immune system, speeds up healing and prevents breakouts. It also promotes natural moisturising, helping to hydrate the skin effectively
Introducing Vitamin A to the skin
- A product with vitamin A, like our i am [vitality] active night serum, should be used at least twice a week to reap the rewards, but it’s a good idea to gradually build up your skin’s tolerance so your skin has time to get used to it.If your skin becomes red, flaky and irritable, decrease your usage and slowly increase again in 2–3 weeks. Use a maximum 4-5 times a week to give your skin a break from continual retinol use.
- It is best to use vitamin A products at night. This is to both ensure the ingredients don’t degrade easily upon exposure to light, and also to reduce the skin’s sensitivity to UV light.
- Apply to clean, dry skin before bed time. Since retinol / vitamin A can increase cell turnover, it works very well with an ingredient that protects and calms the skin’s barrier. Which is why our i am [vitality] active night serum also includes niacinamide (vitamin B3).
Feed my skin with Jette Saunders - Green Goodness Soup!
Green Goodness Soup (Serves 6) Soup season is upon us! Is there anything better than wrapping your chilly hands around a beautiful warm bowl of soup in the midst of winter? Super quick and easy to ...Read more
Feed my skin with Jette Saunders - Crispy skin barramundi
Crispy Skin Barramundi with Cauliflower Pea Puree and Charred Broccolini This is a beautiful and healthy barramundi dish that is a perfect omega boost for our skin while we're enduring Australian...Read more