Feed my skin with Jette Saunders - Green Goodness Soup!
Green Goodness Soup
Soup season is upon us! Is there anything better than wrapping your chilly hands around a beautiful warm bowl of soup in the midst of winter? Super quick and easy to batch cook, this soup is freezer friendly, packed full of veggies AND versatile!
Vegetables used can be swapped and changed if you need (I’d recommend using anything in season). Broccoli is high fibre and nutrient packed (containing Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Potassium and Manganese, among many other vitamins and minerals), I also love chicken bone broth for the beautiful flavour and added source of collagen to boost skin health. We have a source of protein in the white beans and delish healthy fats in the coconut milk - making this a glorious balanced meal. Also incredible with some gorgeous crusty bread!
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped tuscan kale or similar dark leafy green
- 500ml chicken bone broth
- 400g tinned white beans, drained
- 400ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy based pot and saute leek until soft.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini to the pot, season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly softened (roughly 5 minutes).
- Add chicken bone broth, peas and kale to the pot and bring to a gentle simmer, simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk and white beans to the pot, turning off the heat and blend with a stick blender, or in your regular blender in batches.
- Once soup is smooth, check seasoning and add salt and pepper if required.
- Serve with a dollop of greek yoghurt for added probiotics and fresh herbs.