Jette Saunders - Cacao chia pudding (Gluten free, vegan option)
This cacao chia pudding is a staple in my diet for 3 major reasons;
- It's an amazing 'grab n go' breakfast or snack that can be prepped ahead of time
- It's full of skin-loving, nutrient rich ingredients
- Cacao = chocolate = delicious!!
Chia seeds are a source of omega-3 fatty acids which help to reduce inflammation in the body and maintain skin hydration.
Cacao is rich in B vitamins and magnesium plus contains powerful antioxidants which reduce damage causing free-radicals in the body and can assist in reducing oxidative stress and premature ageing.
Blueberries also contain antioxidants as well as vitamin C. Our collagen production gradually reduces as we age but consuming vitamin C and antioxidant rich foods can assist in reducing the breakdown of collagen.
Ingredients (per serve):
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp collagen (optional, leave out if vegan/vegetarian)
- 3/4 cup plant based milk (look for one with no added sugars of fillers)
- Sweetener of choice to taste (opt for stevia or honey)
- Unsweetened coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt
- Blueberries or other fresh fruit
- Cacao nibs
- Hemp seeds
- Add chia, cacao, cinnamon and collagen to a large bowl and whisk to combine
- Add milk and sweetener and whisk continuously until the mix begins to thicken (it will take a few minutes). Taste and adjust accordingly (ie more sweetener, more cacao, more cinnamon)
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours - you may like to transfer into single serve jars or leave in one large container to serve from
- To serve, top with yoghurt, berries, cacao nibs and hemp seeds